[libvirt] fix build failure with --disable-shared

Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:29:08 UTC 2010

Il giorno gio, 07/01/2010 alle 22.23 +0100, Daniel Veillard ha scritto:

>   I assume Jim want to keep --disable-shared as a convenient way to
> force libtool to generated binaries statically linked which is easier
> when dealing with gdb. If that's the case what would be nice is to be
> able to instruct auto*/libtool to build both libraries (where
> possible)
> but force linking with static libraries. I have no idea how to do this
> but that would be an useful option for autogen or configure.

Either of two:

 - pass -static option to LDFLAGS (it should _only_ work on the binaries
but I'm not sure about it);
 - add an option that passes -all-static (libtool flag, _not_ linker
flag) to only the LDFLAGS of the binaries;

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/