[libvirt] Bugfix for RHEL 5.4+ ?? -- Re: Synchronous commands block virsh?

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at linbit.com
Wed Jan 20 11:18:38 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the information Daniel!

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 11:55:41 Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:52:15PM +0100, Andreas Kurz wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I found this thread from December:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/libvir-list@redhat.com/msg18595.htm
> >
> > .... that starting with version 0.7.4 libvirtd will no longer block
> > other API calls, which would be extremely useful in HA clusters in
> > combination with live migration.
> >
> > Will this fix find its way into RHEL 5?
>
> The fixes for that are *incredibly* invasive & thus have very high risk
> to stability. So that's not the kind of thing that's likely to be approved
> for a RHEL5 minor update.

I tried to compile libvirtd 0.7.5 for RHEL5 to test it in our lab an ran into
major troubles when it comes to KVM integration ....  do you see a realistic
change that such a new Version is compileable on RHEL5 systems?

A question to a possible workaround: is it possible to limit the maximum time
for a live migration and ... if exceeded ... fall back to "simple" migration?

Regards,
Andreas