[libvirt] libvirt on x64

Tavares, John John_Tavares at bmc.com
Mon Jul 26 19:11:49 UTC 2010

Ok.  Some other platforms to do support both 32-bit and 64-bit do ship both versions of shared libraries by default, but since this is not the case, we can try to work around it using your suggestion in asking them to install the 32-bit version of it.

On a side note, I do not know if you got my other e-mail regarding the odd behavior of libvirt depending how the application using is installed and ran (non-root user, root user and root owned setuid application) where some calls behave differently depending on the scenario.  I have scene instances where even though the application is effectively running as root, the results can differ and it is not clear to my that running as an effective user id of root is treated the same as running with the real id of root.