[libvirt] The (delayed) 0.8.2 release

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jul 5 09:30:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:03:10AM +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Clearly I failed to meet the deadline I suggested 2 weeks ago
> for the release of 0.8.2, there have been a awful lot of patches
> sent for review since then, I had other stuff to chase and didn't
> managed to keep uptodate with the flow of mail patches and reviews.
>
>   But hopefully this should be a bit better now, we really need this
> release soon, too much stuff has accumulated in git, so I'm suggesting
> to try to release end of next week, but keep the gate for patches
> open up to Tuesday as most people in the US are likely to be out
> either today or on the 5th.

Most of the patches going into the tree in the last 2 weeks have been
pretty minor bug fixes. IMHO the current GIT tree is in really good
shape, so can't we just do a release today/tomorrow based on the current
GIT tree? We'll then still have a good 3+1/2 week window till the end
of July for new features again to get back on the regular end-of-month
release cycle.

>   One thing we should try to get is to provide the qemu command-line and
> monitor commands hacking/debug APIs to ease the work of the QEmu
> developpers and early features adopters. Thanks to Erik for providing
> another batch of reviews, the key point being IMHO the
> include/libvirt/libvirt-qemu.h file since that's where that API will
> sit.

I'd rather release current tree now, and target the end of the month
for adding new features again.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|