[libvirt] mingw build regression

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Jul 29 21:13:48 UTC 2010

Using mingw32-portablexdr-4.0.11, I'm failing when cross-compiling from
F13 to mingw (during ./autobuild.sh) with:

remote/remote_protocol.c: In function 'xdr_remote_message_header':
remote/remote_protocol.c:3628: error: implicit declaration of function
'IXDR_PUT_U_INT32' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
remote/remote_protocol.c:3628: error: nested extern declaration of
'IXDR_PUT_U_INT32' [-Wnested-externs]

I know a newer rpm is available with portablexdr 4.9.x, but haven't
tried installing it yet.  At any rate, it looks like the recent qemu
monitor stuff caused rpcgen to generate enough code to pull in a new
conversion that we hadn't previously used, but with a glibc-specific
spelling.  Hopefully a simple #ifndef/#define of IXDR_PUT_U_INT32 will
solve the problem (at any rate, I recall seeing patches in the past for
some other translation helpers for other xdr code), if someone wants to
tackle this before me.