[libvirt] Xen 4.0 and DPCI key in sexpr

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at novell.com
Fri Jun 4 04:43:58 UTC 2010

Matthias Bolte wrote:
> This blog post [1] explains how to apply some OpenSuse patches [2]
> (especially xen-domctl-ver7.patch)

Ah yes, reminds me to upstream this patch.  We had all of the cpu pools
patches (which changed domctl interface) in Xen4.0 in openSUSE build
service.  These patches were not included in official Xen4.0 release but
have since been included in xen-unstable.  In order to use the Xen in
OBS, I needed to patch libvirt to handle domctl version 7.  Now that the
cpu pools patches have been taken in xen-unstable it's time to upstream
the libvirt patch as well.

>  to the libvirt 0.8.1 Debian package
> in order to get Xen 4.0 support.

Xen4.0 doesn't contain the cpu pools feature, which changes the domctl
interface.  I guess they are using xen-unstable, or perhaps have
Fujitsu's cpu pools patches as well?

Thanks,
Jim