[libvirt] Create a copy of a Domain

IKI-サガル バルウェ sagar.barve at ikic.co.jp
Fri Jun 11 01:22:18 UTC 2010

Thanks Daniel,

>> I think you must at least change the UUID (/domain/uuid) and name
>> (/domain/name) in the XML description. Very like you also need to
>> duplicate
>> the used disk images and update their paths
>> (/domain/devices/disk/source/@file) accordingly, unless you really want
>> your
>> domians to share them.

I will definately try this out. As for changing the UUID, I think the new
value has to be unique in terms of all other Domains present. I am right??

> Better yet use the 'virt-clone' command line tool, or virt-manager's clone
> capability

As for using 'virt-clone', is there a way to implement this using python
bindings for libvirt??
I want to provide the functionality in a python script.
I thought of doing this by directly executing the command line 'virt-clone'
command from my python script and check wheather it executes successfully or
not. We can do this by the 'os.system' function in python.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Barve