[libvirt] Libvirt synchronous hooks

edison disheng.su at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:47:39 UTC 2010

I have the same problem, that needs to do some extra things, not supported
by libvirt API, such as setting up vlan, getting host/guest statistics etc.
Right now, I have agent running on the host, which communicating with my
management server. My agent is connecting to libvirt daemon on the same
machine. In this way, I have to setup agent on each physical machine.
Will libvirt provide the API, like XAPI's call_plugin (
http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/ocamldoc/apidoc.html?c=host)? In
call_plugin, I can do whatever I want and at any time, which is much
flexible than libvirt's hooks, IMHO.