[libvirt] Ask for help about libvirt error: can't get physical interface data for kvm.

Feng Dan Liu liufengd at cn.ibm.com
Wed Jun 30 09:18:33 UTC 2010

Hi

I find this mail address from the internet and hope I can get the reply
from anyone of you, that will be very appreciated.

I'm using virsh to manage the KVM(qemu-kvm 0.12.4, libvirt 0.8.1), but I
encounter an error as below:

I saw both libvirt api and virsh commands support to get the physical
interfaces data, but it always fail when I using them for KVM hypervisor.
I was thought that it was due to the old version of libvirt/KVM
hypervisor, but the error still exist when using the latest libvirt and
kvm hypervisor.

So I wonder if the following functions of libvirt haven't been implemented
for KVM, could you pls help me get the answer about this? Thanks in
advance!

virConnectListInterfaces
virConnectNumOfDefinedInterfaces
virConnectNumOfInterfaces
virConnectListDefinedInterfaces
virInterfaceLookupByName

Best Regards,

Fengdan Liu
Tivoli ITCAM Solution, IBM China Software Development Lab,
Tel:   13811762746
Email: liufengd at cn.ibm.com
3/F, Haohai Bldg., No.7, 5th Street, Shangdi,
Haidian District, Beijing 100085, P.R.China