[libvirt] FW: Libvirt and openvz?

Thomas Graves tgraves at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Mar 3 21:51:56 UTC 2010

I just recently started using openvz and I'm trying to use libvirt/virsh
with it.

I followed the directions on page: http://libvirt.org/drvopenvz.html

But I get an error trying to run define with the example config file:

 virsh define virt.conf
error: Failed to define domain from virt.conf
error: unknown OS type exe

sudo virsh -c openvz:/// list
error: could not connect to openvz:///
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

I'm using libvirt 0.7.2 with latest rhel5.4 openvz.

Does anyone have more example configuration files or other setup
instructions?

Does Libvirt allow you to specify other resource limits and controls that
openvz has - like vzctl set --devnodes device:rw or vzctl set kmemsize?

Thanks,
Tom