[libvirt] Userdata for libvirt?

Yushu Yao yao.yushu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:15:15 UTC 2010

Thanks Matthias,

For example, when I start up a guest which depends on an NFS server, I would like to pass the ip address of the NFS server to the new guest, so that the new guest can configure itself to point to the proper NFS server.

This is what I mean by userdata.

In EC2 or Eucalyptus this is done by UserData, where the guest can "wget http://xxx/userdata" to obtain this information.

Of course, I'm not asking libvirt to function like Eucalyptus. If I'm controlling guests on the same host, I can create a USB disk image and attache it to the guest with virt-install. I'm just wondering is there an easy to do it in a remotely managed libvertd server?

Thank you very much!

-Yushu