[libvirt] Network XML for static IP address.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 10:33:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 01:00:06PM +0530, Kumar L Srikanth-B22348 wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to assign a static IP address to one of the interfaces created
> through libvirt. Can anyone please let me know the network XML format?
> I explored lot of sites on this, but I only found assigning IP address
> through DHCP rather than Static.

As you say, the network XML lets you setup static DHCP IP<-> Mac address
mappings. If you want static IP without DHCP, then you just configure
that directly in your guest OS as you would on any physical machine

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|