[libvirt] virStoragePoolDefParseString() fails with the following pool xml

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 18:15:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 06:08:46PM +0000, Sharadha Prabhakar (3P) wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still having problems getting a virStoragePoolDefPtr from
> virStoragePoolDefParseString(xml). I've tried the example xmls
> in libvirt but still getting NULL.
> Can someone check if the following xml when passed to
> virStoragePoolDefParseString(..) returns a pointer to virStoragePoolDefPtr,
> so that I can confirm that this function really works.
> If something is wrong with the following XML please point out.

The XML looks good & works when I load it via the QEMU driver
eg

   virsh -c qemu:///session pool-define demo.xml

This 'pool-define' operation will ultimately call into the
virStoragePoolDefParseString() method, so that looks to be
working as expected

Reegards,
|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|