[libvirt] [RFC]: Snapshot API

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 19:48:19 UTC 2010

On 03/23/2010 01:23 PM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
>>> } virDomainSnapshotDeactivate;
>> >
>> > I'm not sure if virDomainSnapshotDeactivate is a good name.
> I agree it's not a great name.  I didn't like Dan's original
> proposal of "virDomainSnapshotDelete", though, since it doesn't
> exactly seem to fit the situation either.  Any more suggestions for
> a name?

I agree that Delete is misleading, but it kind of works (as long as you
remember that in the merge case, the data being deleted is not the
snapshot parameter that you passed to the function call, but the delta
in state between the more-recent content that is being rolled back to
the state it was earlier during the snapshot).  Maybe some other ideas
would work: virDomainSnapshotCleanup or virDomainSnapshotRecycle?  After
all, the goal of this API is to reduce the amount of storage pool being
used to store snapshot images.