[libvirt] Live Migration with non-shared storage for kvm

Kenneth Nagin NAGIN at il.ibm.com
Thu Mar 4 08:04:30 UTC 2010

>Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com> wrote on 03/03/2010 10:18:08:

> Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>
> 03/03/2010 10:18
>
> Please respond to
> veillard at redhat.com

> Kenneth Nagin/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL
>
> cc
>
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>, libvir-list at redhat.com
>
> Subject
>
> Re: [libvirt] Live Migration with non-shared storage for kvm
>
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 08:52:07AM +0200, Kenneth Nagin wrote:
> >
> > On February 16th I posted  a patch and description for libvirt support
of
> > 'Live Migration with non-shared strorage for kvm.'
> > What is the status of the proposed enhancement?
>
>   I'm afraid that Dan and me got too busy last week and didn't review it,
> The patch looks mostly sane, I'm just a bit suspicious about the
> handling of option string in the QEmu command line building code.
>
>   I suggest you rebase the patch to 0.7.7 when it's out and send it
> again, so we can review and push it next week,
>
>    thanks !
>
> Daniel
Ok.
I have a few questions:
1) What is the best way to know that the release is out?  Do I just poll
the http://libvirt.org/news.html?
2) I found working with "tip" of the difficult since it was constantly
changing.  From your note I understand that I should work with the last
stable release.  Assuming that I am correct is this the recommended method
to get a particular release:
        git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
        cd libvirt
        git reset --hard <release tag name>
3) Is this the recommended method to generate a patch from the above
release:
        git diff master > patch

3) Could you send me a pointer describing p2p, tunneled, and direct
migration?

- Kenneth Nagin