[libvirt] Bringing up LXC container from virsh command prompt.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 10:10:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 03:38:43PM +0530, Kumar L Srikanth-B22348 wrote:
> So, again I need to add one network interface in the libvirt XML?. It
> will not take the interface which was created earlier while creating
> container using lxc-tools?.
> But, in the container which was created with lxc-tools(lxc-create,
> lxc-start ..etc), I am not getting any such issues.

The lxc-XXX tools are completely unrelated. They have a configuration
file where you specify what network interfaces are created. Likewise
if you use libvirt you need to specify what network interfaces are
to be created.

> Why I am getting these issues in virsh command prompt, when I am
> mounting the same rootfs that was used while creating container using
> lxc-tools.

You need to setup $PATH in your container.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|