[libvirt] debugging daemon-conf failure

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 16:08:52 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 11:49 AM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> On 02/26/2010 01:29 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> Ever since I first started playing with libvirt last month, 'make check'
>> has been failing for me on the same test:
>>
>> $ VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 make -C tests check TESTS=daemon-conf
>>   1) corrupted config listen_tls                                  ... OK
>>   2) corrupted config listen_tcp                                  ... OK
>>   3) corrupted config tls_port                                    ... OK
>>   4) corrupted config tcp_port                                    ... OK
>>   5) corrupted config listen_addr                                 ... OK
>>   6) corrupted config mdns_adv                                    ... FAILED

>> Any hints on what I should do to help find the root cause for the
>> failure?  Am I missing a package?  Does the test need to be made
>> more robust to skip if a prereq is missing?
>
> Yep, this one also fails for me.  I don't think it is lack of a package, though
> I could be wrong.  It's probably worthwhile to dig into the test deeper and see
> what is going on.

Thanks to migrating to a new machine, I've just had the opportunity to
confirm that installing cyrus-sasl-devel, then rerunning configure, was
sufficient to get past this failure.  But the absence of
cyrus-sasl-devel did not stop building the rest of the package.

So now the trick is whether to skip this test if the prereq is not met,
or whether to make configure more insistent that the package exist.

Furthermore, configure barfed on me three separate times, before I got
to the point of reproducing this failure; each solved by installing more
packages:
libxml2-devel
gnutls-devel
device-mapper-devel

Again, it would be nice to have a configure patch that recognizes
failure for these mandatory packages with only one failed run, rather
than the current three separate configure runs to identify missing
prereqs one at a time.