[libvirt] [RFC]: Snapshot API

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 14:49:51 UTC 2010

> I don't see any need to special case the base image here. The main
> virDOmainSnapshotDelete() API already lets you discard all snapshots
> until you get to the base image - VMWare/VirtualBox already demonstrate
> this is sufficient.

Is this as efficient though?  Discarding all snapshots could be
reasonably expected to be O(1).  If you say this is not a common
operation, that's fine of course.

Even without special casing the base image, I'm a bit uneasy that a
virDomainSnapshot* API touches the base image.  What do you think about
leaving the merge operation as a virDomain* API, e.g. virDomainRebase?

Paolo