[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Re: Supporting hypervisor specific APIs in libvirt

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Thu Mar 25 14:22:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 08:57:36AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Why?
>
> We can provide a generic QMP dispatch interface that high level
> languages can use.  Then they can do fancy dispatch, treat QErrors as
> exceptions, etc.

Because more than likely it will be more efforts than doing the same work in
the native language, forcing certains designs [1] up to high-level-language
developers throats, and possibly less stability (segfault, memory corruption,
memory leak, ..) specially in development phase.

[1] lack of separation between IO and pure functions, file descriptor versus
stream, C memory functions instead of GC based, and probably lots of other
things easily accessible from high level language.

--
Vincent