[libvirt] make syntax-check: [sc_vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029] Error 1

Kenneth Nagin NAGIN at il.ibm.com
Mon May 3 08:29:44 UTC 2010

>Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote on 30/04/2010 15:42:05:

> From: Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>
> To: Kenneth Nagin/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL
> Cc: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>, list libvirt
> <libvir-list at redhat.com>, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>
> Date: 30/04/2010 15:42
> Subject: Re: [libvirt] (Resend) Live Migration with non-shared storage
for kvm

> Applying the patch (to last weeks checkout), there are some
compilerwarnings:
> make sure you configure with --enable-compiler-warnings=error. 'make
> syntax-check' also fails, so please address these.

But I get this error message when compiling with 'make syntax-check':

2.14 unmarked_diagnostics
vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029
./Makefile.in:1283:	-find $(distdir) -type d ! -perm -777 -exec chmod a+rwx
maint.mk: the above files are vulnerable; beware of running
"make dist*" rules, and upgrade to fixed automake
see http://bugzilla.redhat.com/542609 for details
make: *** [sc_vulnerable_makefile_CVE-2009-4029] Error 1

This problem is unrelated to any changes that I made and appearantly the
compile completes because make install works properly.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this error message.

regards,
Kenneth Nagin