[libvirt] Fwd: Re: need your help about virito vmchannel

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue May 4 17:08:53 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 12:38 PM, Matthew Booth wrote:
> FYI for the list. I haven't looked at this yet.
>
> Matt

I saw this issue as well, when I started adding channel support to
virt-install (since stalled, but mostly complete). Adding a <channel>
device creates an implicit virtio-serial controller which defaults to
ports = 0.

Since ports = 0 is useless, maybe we should just defer to the qemu
default for that case (which is 31 according to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtioSerial ). We should
probably find a way to do the same thing for the 'vectors' value as
well, although 0 is valid value there.

- Cole