[libvirt] question on network interface of LXC domain

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Mon May 10 13:34:11 UTC 2010

Hello there
     with newest libvirt,  when I connect to the container via console,
then execute "ifconfig", there will be no output, though the network
works fine.  and "/proc/net/dev" of container seems good too.  (has
entries about "eth0" and "lo").  I traced the call procedure of
"ifconfig", it reads the infomations of network interface from
"/proc/net/dev" and vise visa.  so I'm confused about what cause this
problem.

     there is no problem with libvirt-0.8.0-4.

Thanks and Regards
Osier