[libvirt] snapshots and LVM

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Tue May 11 18:01:26 UTC 2010

Le mardi 11 mai 2010 à 13:39 -0400, Chris Lalancette a écrit :

> It's certainly something that would be nice to see.  I even have FIXME
> comments in the code about supporting LVM snapshots; I just haven't had
> time to take any look at it.  If you have time/interest, I'd be happy to
> review patches doing it!

I saw your comments in the snapshot code, I was just waiting for
snapshot merging to be available to start talking about LVM snapshot
support (because, without merging, snapshots are not very useful ;))

I'm really interested in this support, because until now, on only use
LVM backends for my guests (mainly for performances, but also because I
find it easier to take live backups).

Unfortunately, my C skills are near 0, so I may help with design and
tests, but not coding.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud