[libvirt] xen-proxy build broken

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 12:10:53 UTC 2010

2010/5/26 Stefan Berger <stefanb at linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 12:32 +0200, Matthias Bolte wrote:
>> 2010/5/26 Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com>:
>> > Didn't have time to fix this today; virVirtualPortProfileFormat is
>> > conditionally implemented based on PROXY, but unconditionally called.
>> > Throwing it out there in case someone else wants to beat me to the fix.
>> >
>> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>> > ../src/conf/domain_conf.c: In function 'virDomainNetDefFormat':
>> > ../src/conf/domain_conf.c:5343: error: implicit declaration of function
>> > 'virVirtualPortProfileFormat' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>> > ../src/conf/domain_conf.c:5343: error: nested extern declaration of
>> > 'virVirtualPortProfileFormat' [-Wnested-externs]
>> >

>> The virVirtualPortProfileFormat just went below the
>> virVirtualPortProfileParamsParseXML function and got inside the
>> #ifndef PROXY block this way. But it doesn't belong there.
>>
>> The attached patch moves virVirtualPortProfileFormat below the #ifndef
>> PROXY block.
>>

> ACK. Builds for me with the attached patch. I pushed this on your
> behalf.
>
>   Stefan

Thanks, but how did you apply the patch? Looks like you took the diff
part of the attached patch and 'git apply' it. Then you committed the
applied diff using the mail text as commit message.

The intended way to apply this patch is to 'git am' it, because it has
mbox format (created by 'git format-patch') and 'git am' would have
recreated my original commit from it, preserving commit message,
author and time information.

Matthias