[libvirt] First Virsh command Reference Pages online

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 11:03:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 04:03:16AM +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Started work on a Virsh "Command Reference" a few days ago,
> as a way to "Officially Document" (!) the many virsh commands.
>
> My plan is to add to the commands here as I work on related
> sections.  So, as I'm working on "Virtual Networking" at the
> moment, it's the net-* commands that have been added.
>
> This is a first go, and it's on the wiki:
>
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdRef
>
> The net-* commands there should all be accurate at this point:
>
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetAutostart
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetCreate
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetDefine
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetDestroy
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetDumpXML
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetEdit
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetList
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetName
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetStart
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetUndefine
>   http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/VirshCmdNetUUID
>
> Does anyone have time to look over them, and make sure there
> aren't any obvious mistakes?
>
> If things are ok, I'll convert them to standard HTML tomorrow
> and move them to the main libvirt docs.

Where are you  thinking of putting them ? A cut down version of the content
would work in the man page, but for the full content, it seems like a good
basis for starting a second docbook guide  'Libvirt Administrators Guide',
as a counterpart to our 'libvirt Development Guide'.

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|