[libvirt] [RFC] Proposed API to support block device streaming

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 10 19:42:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 13:25 +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com> wrote on 09/11/2010 21:17:23:
> > +#define VIR_STREAM_PATH_BUFLEN 100
>
> PATH_MAX?  libvirt seems to use it and 100 will be too short on some
> systems.

Good point.  I will switch to PATH_MAX.

> Two additional questions about how things hang together:
>
> Who will be driving migration via the stream API, libvirtd or an external
> tool that uses libvirt?

Right now these patches assume it is driven by an external tool.  Part
of my reason for posting is to figure out what the best way to drive
this would be.

> How is the NBD hostname/port passed to the destination host?

Since there is no migration workflow yet, there is no passing of this
information either.

--
Thanks,
Adam