[libvirt] Per user preference file

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Nov 11 08:15:28 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010, at 4:31 PM, Osier Yang wrote:
> the "tls_client_cert" and "tls_client_key' are useful
> it will allow user put the cert and key files where he wants.

Yeah, they're just suggestions for things I could think of at the time. :)

I've previously found it annoying that virsh doesn't support "user
preference settings" for things (ie logging verbosity, other stuff).  So
having a preference system of some sort would be helpful.

> For a non-root priviledge, could not get a system session,
> so "default_session_type" is meaningless

Actually, no.  People recently seem to be looking at having
libvirtd run as a non-root user.  Some parts of that I'm not sure
will work easily, but if it can be managed, then "system" type
sessions for users would be useful.

> and actually
> you already specified it in "default_uri".  :-)

Yeah, just trying to show key = value parameters. :)

> it will be convenient for user who doesn't want to always input
> characters. However, think there are not many configurable
> preferences currently for the clients.

Yeah.  We don't seem to add preferences, to virsh at least, unless
they're 100% critical, because it means they need to be added to
the command line.  "virsh -d 5 ... " style.  And no-one's gotten around
to writing up the code for preferences. :)