[libvirt] pool and VM disk/image connection

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Mon Nov 29 10:08:15 UTC 2010

Dear list,

I had a need to migrate pool resp. images in pool from /some/where/ to
/some/where/else/. To my surprise, I just found out editing pool wasn't
enough as each and every VM has full path to disk image not just "link"
or "connection" to pool.
I don't want to say this is bug or wrong doing; I don't want to say it
isn't my fault, because it is and I should have study more carefully.
What I'm asking for is an explanation of connection between images in
pool, pool and VMs (or something like that). Just 1+1=?
You see, my expectation was just to edit pool and it's all going to
work-out. It didn't :)

Thank you,
Zdenek

PS: I'm eventually to sorry for sending it at libvirt-users
PPS: damn you and yours auto-suggestion, Thunderbird! :)

--
Zdenek Styblik
Net/Linux admin
email: stybla at turnovfree.net