[libvirt] PCI/USB devices documentation

Osier jyang at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 13:59:32 UTC 2010

于 2010年11月01日 21:38, Zdenek Styblik 写道:
> Hello,
>
> so far unsuccessfully, I'm trying to attach PCI/USB devices to Guests
> (via virt-manager, soon via virsh because - whatever :]).
> Anyway, there is<hostdev managed='yes'>  where I'm wondering what
> 'managed' means, because it's not documented here[1].
> Is it a bug or is it documented elsewhere?

[quote]
In managed mode, the configured device will be automatically detached
from the host OS drivers when the guest is started, and then re-attached
when the guest shuts down. In unmanaged mode, the device must be
explicit detached ahead of booting the guest. The guest will refuse to
start if the device is still attached to the host OS.
[/quote]

see:
http://libvirt.org/guide/html/Application_Development_Guide-Device_Config-PCI_Pass.html

think we need document it in nodedev xml.. :-)

- Osier