[libvirt] how to attach PCI/USB device

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:18:30 UTC 2010

Il giorno lun, 01/11/2010 alle 19.45 +0100, Zdenek Styblik ha scritto:
> I'm using virt-managers to add/attach devices. I've failed to attach
> PCI
> device, but it "does not" matter right now. I can attach USB devices,
> but they are not in VM. I've tried to attach USB HUB as well and what
> not - nothing.

I'd suggest you to try with the current git head. I had had some trouble
with this the past week or so:

 - 0.8.4 has a bug when the bus/device pair has a number > 8 (it's
loaded as octal by qemu, but passed as decimal by libvirt);
 - 0.8.5 release will not allow access to the device if cgroups are
enabled.

Not sure about the PCI stuff sincerely, but at least USB with the
current git head works fine for me (finally).

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/