[libvirt] Ask for help about libvirt error: this function is not supported by the connection driver..

Feng Dan Liu liufengd at cn.ibm.com
Fri Nov 12 11:25:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm a libvirt user, I encountered a problem when I use the libvirt java
bindings, could you please help me take a look? Thanks in advance! Any
suggestions from anyone of you will be very appreciated.

Here is my scenario:

Remote access machine A is a RHEL 5.4 workstation with the command "virsh
version" results:
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.1
Using library: libvir 0.8.1
Using API: Xen 3.0.1
Running hypervisor: Xen 3.1.0

Hypervisor machine B is a Fedora Core 14 Linux workstation with the
command "virsh version" results:
Compiled against library: libvir 0.8.3
Using library: libvir 0.8.3
Using API: QEMU 0.8.3
Running hypervisor: QEMU 0.13.0

I finished the code using libvirt java bindings and run it on machine A,
try to remote connect to the hypervisor on machine B. It can be connected
succussfully, but when the code calls the function of
conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools, the libvirt on
machine B will get the errors below:

04:19:10.467: error : phypStorageOpen:3884 : invalid argument in
phypStorageOpen: unsupported flags (0x1)
04:19:11.354: warning : qemudParsePCIDeviceStrs:1422 : Unexpected exit
status '1', qemu probably failed
04:19:12.128: error : virLibConnError:448 : this function is not supported
by the connection driver: virConnectNumOfStoragePools

With the errors above, my code can't run the functions of
conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools successfully.

Could you please give me some suggestions?

By the way, I try to use the libvirt java bindings 0.3.2 and 0.4.6, both
of them have this problem.

Best Regards,

Fengdan Liu, Casey

AdTech, Tivoli China Development,
China Software Development Lab, IBM Greater China Group
Phone: 86-10-82453004
Email: liufengd at cn.ibm.com
Addr: No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software Park, No. 8 Dong Bei Wang
West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.China