[libvirt] Ask for help about libvirt error: this function is not supported by the connection driver..

Feng Dan Liu liufengd at cn.ibm.com
Mon Nov 15 04:36:06 UTC 2010

Hi, Matthias,

I see, thank you very much for your quick response!

Best Regards,

Fengdan Liu, Casey

AdTech, Tivoli China Development,
China Software Development Lab, IBM Greater China Group
Phone: 86-10-82453004
Email: liufengd at cn.ibm.com
Addr: No.28 Building, Zhong Guan Cun Software Park, No. 8 Dong Bei Wang
West Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, P.R.China

Matthias Bolte <matthias.bolte at googlemail.com>
2010-11-12 21:11

Feng Dan Liu/China/IBM at IBMCN
cc
libvir-list at redhat.com, Todd Gatts <tgatts at us.ibm.com>
Subject
Re: [libvirt] Ask for help about libvirt error: this function is not

2010/11/12 Feng Dan Liu <liufengd at cn.ibm.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a libvirt user, I encountered a problem when I use the libvirt java
> bindings, could you please help me take a look? Thanks in advance! Any
> suggestions from anyone of you will be very appreciated.

> I finished the code using libvirt java bindings and run it on machine A,
try
> to remote connect to the hypervisor on machine B. It can be connected
> succussfully, but when the code calls the function of
> conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools, the libvirt on
> machine B will get the errors below:
>
> 04:19:10.467: error : phypStorageOpen:3884 : invalid argument in
> phypStorageOpen: unsupported flags (0x1)
> 04:19:11.354: warning : qemudParsePCIDeviceStrs:1422 : Unexpected exit
> status '1', qemu probably failed
> 04:19:12.128: error : virLibConnError:448 : this function is not
supported
> by the connection driver: virConnectNumOfStoragePools
>
> With the errors above, my code can't run the functions of
> conn.listDefinedStoragePools() or conn.listStoragePools successfully.
>
> Could you please give me some suggestions?
>
> By the way, I try to use the libvirt java bindings 0.3.2 and 0.4.6, both
of
> them have this problem.

The problem is not in the Java bindings, the problem is in libvirt.

>From your log messages I can see that you use a read-only connection.
The PHYP storage driver fails to open for a read-only connection. This
results in a connection with no storage driver, resulting in the
virConnectNumOfStoragePools-not-supported message you see.

I posted a patch [1] that fixes this problem. As a temporary
workaround you could use a normal (non-read-only) connection, as the
problem only occurs for a read-only connection.

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-November/msg00531.html

Matthias