[libvirt] RFC: add new API to known if domain has been updated

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 10:20:36 UTC 2010

On 18/11/2010, at 8:44 PM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 02:02:28PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
>> 于 2010年11月15日 18:56, Daniel P. Berrange 写道:
<snip>
>>> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:26:22AM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
>>> This is a bug. libvirt should save a copy of the original configuration
>>> at the time the guest starts, so any live changes only remain for the
>>> duration of that boot and automatically revert at shutdown.

As a datapoint, VirtualBox has an option (per guest) to either keep or
not keep the changes made while it's running.  It's a persistent setting,
and can be toggled while the guest is operating, so the user is able
change whether they keep changes or not.

Having our approach hard coded to never keep changes sounds a bit
non-optimal, if there are use cases where people might like to keep them.

Though, I haven't read the full thread for this... ;>