[libvirt] Ejecting ISO from cdrom

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Fri Oct 1 07:37:31 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 09:17 AM, Jaromír Červenka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I remove ISO image from cdrom in running domain, please? I tried
> procedure which is described on your wiki (
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/QEMUSwitchToLibvirt#eject_DEV) but it doesn't
> work for me:
>
> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
> leon.i-tux.cz "" hdc
> error: command 'attach-disk' requires <target> option
>
> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
> leon.i-tux.cz "" --target hdc
> error: command 'attach-disk' requires <source> option
>
> divinus:/kvm/iso # virsh attach-disk --type cdrom --mode readonly
> leon.i-tux.cz --source "" --target hdc
> error: expected syntax: --source <string>
>
> Thank you,
> Jaromír Červenka
>

> --

Jaromir,

virsh # attach-disk --type cdrom --source
/home/ftp/linux/slackware64-13.1/slackware64-13.1-install-dvd.iso --mode
readonly nagios --target hdc
Disk attached successfully

Please note, that you've provided three (3) commands and each is missing
something; each of them is missing this and that (or I got it wrong and
you were trying it). Please, re-check commands you've posted. I also
think source can't be empty; at least it makes no sense to me. :)

I haven't even checked what I'm typing; just copied what you've posted,
yet committed full command to virsh, not parts.

I hope it helps,
Zdenek

--
Zdenek Styblik