[libvirt] Test results

Stefan Berger stefanb at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 4 12:50:34 UTC 2010

>>> I think realistically libvirt should prevent domains with / anywhere
>>> in the name from being defined.
>>    at least for QEmu, yes
> Also, Justin Clift raised with me the issue of what happens if someone
> creates a domain called 'autostart/foo.xml' or 'networks/foo.xml' or
> 'networks/autostart/foo.xml'.  The configuration files for these would
> work and overwrite special paths under /etc/libvirt/qemu.

It looks like a domain (and likely anything else that has a 'name')
whose name contains a ';' or spaces is unaccessible from virsh unless
one finds out the uuid ,which only root can do(?). Probably this is only
a problem when using virsh, but maybe the user should be given the
choice to delete the VM (in that special case) or at least also display
its uuid upon 'virsh define/create' so he has a chance to actually
use/delete it.

    Stefan