[libvirt] bootstrap and pkg-config [was: OSX 10.6 build failures]

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Oct 5 12:25:35 UTC 2010

On 10/05/2010 11:15 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
<snip>
>> Program Min_version Status
>> autoconf 2.59 OK - 2.61 found
>> automake 1.9.6 OK - 1.10 found
>> autopoint - OK
>> gettext - OK
>> git 1.5.5 OK - 1.73 found
>> gzip - OK
>> libtool - OK
>> perl 5.5 OK - 5.10 found
>> pkg-config - MISSING
>> tar - OK
>> Failed to bootstrap gnulib, please investigate.
>> $

Ouch, that looks horrible. :/

Note for the gnulib people: the above layout has been stripped of spaces
by a mail client, so is visually complicated rather than being nice and
simple.

The original layout, looking nice and simple, is here:

   https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-October/msg00099.html

<snip>
> Indeed that would be nicer, but it's not as clear-cut as the pkg-config
> mess-up. At any rate, I'll take a shot at both issues today, even if I
> end up only solving the first.

No worries.  Functionality over form is practical. :)