[libvirt] About the qemu networking

杨树林 yangshulin at shandagames.com
Tue Oct 12 09:54:41 UTC 2010

Dear libvirt team,

I am testing the qemu with libvit networking, and I have a question.

First, I connected the switch and server via Ethernet, the link
encapsulation is 802.1q (eth1 is trunk link)

When I use sub-interface eth1.12 for vlan12,br12 bridged to eth1.12, and
then using tap0 ..tapN, the qemu guest networking works fine.

But when I use br1 bridged to eth1 without sub-interface, also use tap0…
tapn , it does not work.

The topology as below:

              This works fine                             This doest not
work

Eth1 (trunk)                   eth1(trunk)

|                                   |

-----------------                       |

                   |       |                            br1

               Eth1.12  eth1.13  …                     |

                  |       |                      _______________

                 br12     br13                   |               |

                  |       |                      |   …           |

                   |       |                     tap0           tapn

           ---------  ----------

           |      |   |   ...     |

           |      |   |            |

        Tap0 …   tapn  tapn+1    tapm

Is the second solution works ? if works? What should I do to ?

Thanks very much, I am look forward to hear from you.

Best Regards

杨树林

技术保障中心 网络工程师

snda