[libvirt] libvirt & cgroup support - why are vm cgroups created under libvirt cgroup?

Nikola Ciprich extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Fri Oct 15 13:19:02 UTC 2010

Hello,
I'd like to use cgroups for resources counting and management, but I'd like
to use blkio-cgroup controller as well. I created simple patch for libvirt adding
support for it (and I'd like to submit the patch once it's tested properly).
But it seems that blkio-cgroup controller doesn't support cgroups inside cgroups
(the way libvirt uses them - /cgroup/libvirt/vmxxx).
Is there some possibility libvirt would be adjusted to support separate toplevel
cgroup for each vm so blkio-cgroup could be used?
Or is there some important reason for the way it works now?
thanks a lot in advance for any reply
with best regards
nik

--