[libvirt] Need review of new vswitch concept info for technical accuracy

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Oct 18 05:34:43 UTC 2010

  On 10/16/2010 03:01 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Working on the "Foundation Concepts" for virtual switches at the moment.
>
> Does anyone have time/inclination to check over the concept graphics
> thus far, for technical accuracy?

I think it would more clearly convey what was going on if there was a
3rd "cable" coming out of the switch in all the diagrams that went back
to the host, and was labeled with the bridge's name and IP address
(192.168.122.1 by default).

I might have some other tweaks for the diagrams, but I'm it's difficult
to articulate in words, and I'm not sure yet if it would be better than
what you have anyway ;-)

> Especially the "Routing mode" and "Non-routing" mode ones, as I'm not
> sure if that's the right terminology for them:

I would use what's used in the XML documentation - "routed" and "isolated".