[libvirt] C# bindings (Was: First patch)

arnaud.champion at devatom.fr arnaud.champion at devatom.fr
Mon Oct 18 19:09:34 UTC 2010

?In fact, yes. The current content is a Visual Studio solution/project
architecture, tested only with windows .Net, not Mono. Also it's an evidence
but bindings require the libvirt binary, in the .Net case the
"libvirt-0.dll" which is the result of the compilation of libvirt for
windows.

Maybe we can also add a little explaination. I can try to give you one, but
my english is really not perfect :S (but you can read that ever :) )

Here is my explaination :

CSharp libvirt bindings is a class library. Compiling it result to a dll
"LibvirtBindings.dll" which can be added as a .Net reference to any .Net
project which need access to libvirt.

The class library expose the "LibvirtBindings" namespace. This namespace
expose all needed types (enum, struct). It also expose 2 main classes :
"libVirt" and "libvirtError". The "libVirt" class expose all  interfaces of
the libvirt library to handle virtualized domains and "libvirtError" class
expose all interfaces of the libvirt library to handle errors raised while
using the library.

Let me know if my explaination is not clear :S

Arnaud Champion