[libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 12:07:01 UTC 2010

On 10/19/2010 10:16 PM, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> ?Okay, I have found it, it's libvirt.so.0
>
> I have also a libvirt.so.0.8.2, I suppose libvirt.so.0 is a link
> this.
>
> Another question, in my bindings I need the strdup function
> (pinvoked) and under windows, strdup is in msvcrt.dll, but where it
> is under linux ?

Hi Arnaud,

On a Fedora 13 Linux box, if I type the command "man strdup", it
shows:

   NAME
          strdup, strndup, strdupa, strndupa - duplicate a string

   SYNOPSIS
          #include <string.h>

          char *strdup(const char *s);

          char *strndup(const char *s, size_t n);
          char *strdupa(const char *s);
          char *strndupa(const char *s, size_t n);

   <other stuff snipped>

The string.h refers to /usr/include/string.h.

I'm not sure which library file the code is in though.  For most
things it's not needed.

Does any of the above help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift