[libvirt] libvirt library binary name for linux

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 14:00:52 UTC 2010

On 10/19/2010 07:13 AM, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> ?Well, as I have said I work on .Net/Mono bindings.
>
> To make bindings, we use largely the marshaling methods of .Net/Mono. I
> was working on bindings virConnectOpenAuth, so I have de marshal
> virConnectCredential struct, these kind of thing. Matthias Bolte help me
> a lot to make all the process thru callback working. And we have
> discover that the virConnectCredential was reseted by the marshaling
> process (in particular marshaling process free the result member of the
> virConnectCredential, and in fact, for libvirt, it's the driver
> responsability to free the result member). So Matthias suggest me to
> bind strdup to .Net and use it to be sure that the result member is not
> freed by marshaling. And it works.

strdup() is nothing more than malloc() followed by strcpy(); it is such
a fundamental operation to copy strings into newly allocated memory that
I'm surprised that you don't know how to do that natively in C# without
having to bind in strdup() in the first place (even if you do have to do
it in two phases of allocation and copying rather than as a single
function call).