[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Oct 22 23:55:16 UTC 2010

On 10/23/2010 06:06 AM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
<snip>
> It's getting a bit further, the logs are at http://fpaste.org/DC3R/
>
> It seems to have some problems with libxml2.

Daniel, any idea what would cause this libxml2 failure?

  GEN virt-pki-validate
  GEN virt-xml-validate.1
  GEN virt-pki-validate.1
  GEN virsh.1
  CCLD virsh
  Undefined symbols:
  "_xmlSaveToBuffer", referenced from:
  _cmdCPUBaseline in virsh-virsh.o
  "_rl_completion_matches", referenced from:
  _vshReadlineCompletion in virsh-virsh.o
  _vshReadlineCompletion in virsh-virsh.o
  ld: symbol(s) not found
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make[3]: *** [virsh] Error 1
  make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
  make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
  make: *** [all] Error 2

Ruben, the readline one can probably be worked around in the short
term.  I've just submitted a patch to libvirt, allowing the use of
readline can be disabled.  (easiest way forward)

We'll need to figure out the libxml2 problem though.  Probably not
going to be today, more likely sometime next week. (with luck)

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift