[libvirt] List of available libvirt drivers installed?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 09:38:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:30:17AM -0700, Shi Jin wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to show a list of available libvirt hypervisor drvers installed in an existing libvirt installation.
>
> I know based on the version of libvirt, I can find out supported drivers from this matrix: http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html
>
> However, the particular installation may not turn on all available drivers for this particular build. Is there a way to find out?
>
> Particularly, I want to find out if the default libvirt coming with RHEL-5/6 supports VMware ESX, and the same for Ubuntu-10.4/10.10.

There's no API to determine this at this point in time, though I agree
it could be useful

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|