[libvirt] command line chroot in a VM

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at gulfsat.mg
Wed Sep 1 09:08:27 UTC 2010

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

>From the host, I would like to perform a batch operation on the guests.
For example:

 # virsh list
 1 001
 2 002
 3 003

All guests are KVM, Debian Lenny

I want to

 for GUEST in $(virsh list | awk '{<blah blah>}')
 do
  ????? ${GUEST} apt-get update
  ????? ${GUEST} apt-get upgrade
 done

And then I just have to *read* and answer "yes" or "no" to the apt
questions.

The host is a Debian Lenny, but I can backport some packages if needed.

What would be your suggestions?
- libguestfs? (I see an unstable debian package existing)
- ...?

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

                                    +261 34 56 000 19