[libvirt] IPv6 structs on MacOS X

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 20:29:52 UTC 2010

On 09/16/2010 04:52 AM, Bruno Haible wrote:
<snip>
> This message talks about the unportability of a field 's6_addr32' in
> 'struct in6_addr'. Sure this is unportable: POSIX [1] specifies only the
> presence of 's6_addr'.
>
> I don't see why gnulib should support this: An application can perfectly
> access the 16 bytes of the s6_addr[] array. Why would it need to access a
> specific part of it in a special way?

My apologies.  I should have been significantly clearer in what I was
trying for there.  :)

(adding the libvirt devel mailing list back in, due to relevance)

Tried compiling libvirt on OS X, which errored on this piece of IPv6 code:

   http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-September/msg00243.html

The message I quoted to Eric above, which you've then looked at, was
danpb wondering whether we should be using gnulib to avoid the
portability problem.

This stuff is outside my area of expertise though. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift