[libvirt] Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 17:07:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:37:26PM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is for anyone using the Homebrew package management system on Mac
> OS X. :)
>
> A first working (but still experimental) libvirt formula is online:
>
>   http://github.com/justinclift/libvirt

If this is intended to be rnu with proper release tarballs,
then you should change autogen.sh to ./configure, so you avoid
needing automake/autoconf/etc on OS-X.

Also, does libvirtd not actually work ? If QEMU itself builds on
OS-X, then in theory it ought to be possible to  build libvirtd
and manage it.

Do you need a depends_on for  libxml2 & portablexdr too ?

What's the situation with Python on OS-X ? Any liklihood of python
bindings working  ?

If you add curl + xmlrpc-c then the ESX driver ought to work. If
there's a virtualbox port to OS-X that driver should work too.
I'd be interest to see what configure prints as the summary for
features it enabled...

|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://deltacloud.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org        -o-         http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505  -o-   F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|