[libvirt] I can help, but I don't know how

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 15:18:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:24:12AM +0200, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> ?Hi there,
>
> with your help, I have created a Windows tools to manage libvirt/kvm
> hypervisor and it is free for libvirt/kvm connections. I have done it
> in C# (not mono) and to do that, I have make a lot of modifications
> in C# bindings (which in fact works in mono) to improve bindings (my
> modifications are mainly around callback handling). You can download the
> tool at this web site : http://www.devatom.fr and sorry, for now it's in
> french only, I have to work on the translation. Anyway, I think I can
> help by handling C# bindings for libvirt, I don't know if I must put
> them on my web site or push them to you, let me know if it interest you.

  Hi Arnaud,

well I think the first thing would be to save in some way your changes
to the public, i.e. provide a new release of the C# bindings and or
a patch against the latest version from Jaromír Červenka. Assuming
the licence is LGPL I have no trouble hosting it on libvirt.org, I can
make a repository for it.
For the long term maintainance, it would be better if the current
maintainer Jaromír could reply what his plans are, the web site we have
right now http://www.i-tux.cz/listing.php?repname=SharpLibVirt don't
work anymore. Ideally the could should work both for Mono and pristine
C# and we could get the code of the bindings on a source code management
system if the maintainer(s) agree.
  But as a first step saving the current state of your code would be
a good idea, yes :-), you can send it to me, or post the sources if
it's not too big !