[libvirt] Here they

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Sep 24 15:48:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 03:51:17PM +0200, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> Hi Jaromír,
>
> It's right I haven't used your classes which envelops libvirt function, I have written my own wrapper which I use in my tool DAVIM. Anyway, thanks for the updated bindings I will take a look because I have taken theses sources there's four or five month, I'm working on DAVIM (my libvirt / KVM windows management tool) since 6 month ago so...
>
> At the bindings levels here's what I manage to do :
>   a.. Write bindings for some unbinded method (virStream... and so on)
>   b.. Check the gap between current libvirt API and my C# bindings (my bindings were primarly build upon libvirt 0.7.4, but it works well with 0.8.4)
>   c.. I have my own web site with my own SVN (the SVN is private currently) at www.Devatom.fr, maybe I will open SVN for bindings, I don't know
>   d.. Write some sample code for using libivirt with csharp
> What I will not do :
>   a.. Check bindings compatibility with Mono (except if a mono expert can help me)
>
> You Jaromir have made a great job which help me a lot in my project which is quite usable now.

  Hum, it would be good if this could be cleaned up a bit :-)
Arnaud, rather than keeping your own SVN, I think it would be good for
the long term if the bindings could be kept on libvirt.org , ideally
in git because we don't have SVN installed there yet (but I'm not sure
how familiar you're with this).
I could create the git with Jaromír latest version so there is a clear
attribution, I would add Licence informations and maybe scripts or
makefiles to generate a distribution. Then either you or I could diff
your version against the old one, and try to merge your changes back.

  what do you think ?