[libvirt] qemu: Add timeout for monitor to avoid virsh getting stuck when monitor gets die.

Mark Wu dwu at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 04:13:10 UTC 2011

Hello Guys,

When the qemu process becomes hung,  virsh will get stuck on the hung
guest and can't move forward.  It can be reproduced by the following steps:

1. setup a virt guest with qemu-kvm, and start it
2. stop qemu process with following:
  kill -STOP  `ps aux | grep qemu | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
3. run the following command:
virsh list

I think we can add a timeout for qemu monitor to resolve this problem:
using virCondWaitUntil instead of virCondWait in qemuMonitorSend. What's
your opinions?

Thanks!